Is fruit fasting healthy?
Fasting every fortnight on a particular day is better than fasting for very long durations.
Before starting on a fast, a few precautions have to be taken. Heavy foods like meat and dairy products should be eliminated on the first and second day. Consumption of grains and nuts should be reduced for the next three days. Light foods like salads, soups or kanji/porridge should be consumed on the sixth day. On the seventh day, try to fast on only one type of fruit.
Consuming 1 or 2 apples at each meal time is ideal. Plenty of water with lemon and honey should be consumed in between. Oranges, apples, papaya are ideal for fruit fasting.
The same kind of care has to be taken while ending the fast. A gradual shift from lighter to heavy food helps to reap the immense benefits of fasting.
Benefits of fruit fasting:
1. Helps to boost immunity.
2. Expels toxins.
3. Helps to lose weight and reduce obesity.
4. Improves skin tone and makes you look younger.
5. Skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis are reduced.
6. Joint pain from gout and rheumatoid arthritis are reduced.
7. Clears acne, pimples and increases fairness.
8. Enhances mental clarity.
9. Helps in spiritual elevation.
Healthy snacks for diabetics